What is Gilsonite? ( Asphaltum )
Gilsonite ( Natural Bitumen ) could be a natural, adhesive hydrocarbon. This natural asphalt is comparable to arduous petroleum asphalt and is usually referred to as a natural asphalt, asphaltite, uintaite, or asphaltum. gilsonite is soluble in aromatic and aliphatic solvents, also as petroleum asphalt. Because of its distinctive compatibility, Gilsonite is usually wont to harden softer petroleum product. Gilsonite in mass could be a shiny, black substance similar in look to the mineral volcanic glass. it's brittle and might be simply crushed into a dark brown powder.
Gilsonite is found below the Earth's surface in vertical veins or seams that are usually between 2 and 6 feet in width, however may be as wide as 28 feet. The veins are nearly parallel to every different and square measure adjusted during a northwest to southeast direction. They extend several miles long and as deep as 1500 feet. The vein can show up on the surface as a skinny stone and bit by bit widen because it goes deeper. Because of the slim mining face, Gilsonite is deep-mined nowadays, very like it absolutely was 50 or 100 years past. the first difference is that fashionable miners use gas breaking hammers and mechanical hoists.
OUR GILSONITE-NATURAL BITUMEN-NATURAL ASPHALT
In respect of our company's long-term experience regarding extracting, exploiting and producing of Natural Bitumen it is notified that this company is the only and the first powder bitumen producers sizing under 200 mesh and the unique operating of Gilsonite during past three years, and provides the largest mechanized underground extraction of this material also is the brilliant typical exporters between 15 varieties countries. Its capacities of production will reach to 20,000 MT in powder form and 20,000 MT in bulk per year. So, hereby we draw your attention to the below-listed prices in this regard.
How To Order Gilsonite
To order Gilsonite please specify
- 1. Which Grade?
- 2. How many MT?
- 3. Lump or powder?
- 4. If powder what mesh size?
- 5. What packing?
- 6. What is the application?
- 7. Where is the destination?
Mode of order:
- 1-In to Bulk
- 2-In to powder under 200 mesh
- 3-Sizing in accordance with Client request
Gilsonite Packing Mode:
- 1-Packing in Standards Is into the jumbo bag in case of customer’s order packing mode will be into 25 kg laminating bags and it’s has cost about the original powder price.
- 2- corresponding to customers' request (belting, palletized and shrink stretch).
The quality of The Goods:
- 1- As below Analyzes.
- 2- Analysis in accordance with Standards ASTM D482 , ASTM D2042, ASTM D3142, ASTM D3174
- 3- Sampling and analyzing would be done by SGS.
Eagle petrochem Company is on the vendor of the research institute of petroleum industry
There are many national and international specifications and tests stipulated by various authorities, contracts and building regulations around the world. We try to offer as many as we can, while accepting that we cannot offer all things to all of our stakeholders everywhere, given the limited volumes per location. We offer:
Analysis of commercial bulk Gilsonite to ASTM, ISO, EN, and similar specifications
Analysis of the basic Gilsonite performance such as:
- Gilsonite Solubility in CS2
- Gilsonite Penetration Numbers
- Gilsonite Solubility in Trichloroethylene
- Gilsonite Softening Point Cº
- Gilsonite Ash content %
- Gilsonite Hardness
- Gilsonite Ductility
- Gilsonite Density
Storage monitoring to assess oxidation state
Testing of packing Gilsonite over time to asses batch lifetime
All testing laboratories participate in an international proficiency test scheme for Gilsonite. These round robin tests act as a performance indicator and help to maintain a consistently high level of quality and assurance from our labs.
Eagle Petrochem Company inspections Gilsonite cargoes are carried out on the basis of accepted petroleum and petrochemical standards such as ASTM, GOST, API, MPMS, UOP, IP or EN testing methods and specifications as set out by ISO, CEN or national and regional standards-setting organizations.
Gilsonite ( Natural Bitumen ) Specification
Physical Properties of Gilsonite Grade: IM 101
Gilsonite-Natural Bitumen Specification
Physical Properties of Gilsonite Grade: IM 102
Gilsonite-Natural Bitumen Specification
Physical Properties of Gilsonite Grade: IM 103
Sieve Analysis of Gilsonite Powder
Gilsonite is an important element of today's printing inks, paints & industrial coatings. gilsonite is employed as a tough resin and carbon black dispersant during a type of coatings. Solutions of gilsonite (sometimes referred to as cutbacks or varnishes) are a wonderful start line for blending gilsonite with alternative elements of a final product formulation. Some formulators convert dry gilsonite into liquid answer in their own facilities. Others can request a pre-made solution.
Converting dry, granular gilsonite to a liquid answer also provides the chance to remove the little quantity of abrasive grit that happens in natural asphaltums. stabilising additives may be additional if a poor solvent is employed or if high concentrations of Gilsonite are desired.
• Solubility: gilsonite is soluble in acyclic , aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbon solvents. it's restricted solubility in most ketones, however is soluble in mixed aromatic solvents that contain a organic compound element. gilsonite isn't soluble in water, alcohols, or acetone.
Solution Preparation: 3 basic procedures are accustomed dissolve gilsonite. In every case, precautions for flammable materials ought to be used.
• Cold-cutting: Gilsonite is mostly soluble in aliphatic and aromatic solvents at ambient temperatures. Some agitation ought to be used. the rate of solution can rely on the sort of solvent, the sort and severity of blending, and also the grade of gilsonite. The solution rate is increased by employing a high shear mixer, like a Cowles disperser. Once a ball mill or a paddle mixer is employed, lump grade gilsonite is suggested. Once high energy combination is accessible, either lump or fine grades is also used. Care should be taken to avoid "dry balls" of unmelted solid once using pulverized grades.
• Hot-cutting: The rate of solution is redoubled by heating. Steam coils or hot oil is most popular. Direct-fired heating is venturesome. Care should be taken to avoid or make up for gaseous solvent. Facilities for solvent containment are usually necessary. The utmost process temperature can rely on the boiling vary of the solvent.
• Hot fluxing: Gilsonite is hot fluxed into asphalts and high boiling oils. Once alloyed, the mixture will then be let down with a solvent to succeed in the desired consistency. This hot fluxing with another product will facilitate overcome limitations of solubility. Choosing the right mix or co-solvent will yield compatibility with a solvent that's ordinarily of restricted solubility.
Hot Fluxing Procedure: Heat the oil to 200°F or more. Most of the high boiling, law aromatic ink oils in use these days would require a temperature of a minimum of 300-330°F. With smart agitation, add dry gilsonite at a rate that maintains constant dispersion of the particles until they dissolve. Be alert for foaming that may be caused by traces of wet within the gilsonite. Still agitate for 15 to a half-hour on the far side, the purpose once the last of the gilsonite particles is detected. The gilsonite ought to currently be utterly dissolved and also the solution prepared for discharge.
Filtration: The varnish should be filtered to get rid of the grit that's a natural part of gilsonite. There are 2 common filtration ways. Every provides a distinct degree of cleanliness. Each ways are commonly preceded by passing the new varnish through a course wire screen (approx. 1/4") to get rid of any massive stones.
For a standard degree of cleanliness, the prescreened, hot varnish is gone through wire screen baskets of concerning 200 mesh (74 microns). Cloth bag filters may be used, at a better value, once the corporate doesn’t have the personnel to clean the wire baskets. Disposal of the baggage is additionally a thought. watch out to use baggage that may tolerate elevated temperatures if hot cutting is performed.
For additional cleanliness, the prescreened, hot varnish is gone through cartridge filters of concerning 5 to 25 microns. These filters are also disposable.
• Viscosity Modification: Some gilsonite solutions are often quite viscous at ambient temperature. Also, some solutions will steady increase in consistence over time. These characteristics are typically observed once exploitation law aromatic oils with poor solvent power or once high percentages of gilsonite are used. In these cases, tiny amounts of viscosity modifiers are typically additional to keep the new varnish sufficiently fluid for simple filtration and to cut back and stabilize the close viscosity therefore the answer remains fluid until it's used.
1. Soft asphalt flux. This is often substituted for 15 to 20 make the most the gilsonite within the varnish. At this level, it reduces the softening purpose of the gilsonite by concerning 30°F. It shouldn't be used once most hardness and rub resistance is desired, or once quick solvent unleash is needed, or once restrictive health safety rules are in effect.
2. Tridecyl alcohol (TDA). A lot of volatile than some modifiers (a flash purpose of 180°F), however effective. Typically used at 3-10%, supported the gilsonite content.
3. Low mass alcohols. Examples are n-propanol and n-butanol. These are effective, however their high volatility typically restricts their use to quick drying systems or merchandise that are kept and used at close temperature.
4. Oil fatty acids. These are chiefly oleic and linoleic acids with little amounts of rosin acids present. They're used for his or her high flash purpose and law volatility. In some cases, lipid or oleic acid, or vegetable oils like flaxseed or soya bean oil, are often substituted for oil fatty acids with comparable performance.
5. Surfactants. a large sort of industrial surfactants are also effective. Care should be taken to avoid any undesirable side effects on the performance of the final product.